Group Account Manager
Your consultative and analytical approach to business will be essential as you work with clients and colleagues
to identify clear digital marketing KPIs and determine the best product mix/strategic approach
to leverage in meeting/exceeding ROI expectations. You will collaborate with an exceptional
group of managers and fulfillment teams to oversee campaigns throughout every development
phase – from concept through execution, reporting, and ongoing optimization. As the primary
point of contact for our key accounts, you will be instrumental in shaping strategy, monitoring
performance and identifying opportunities to generate additional revenue and drive new
The group account manager is the link between the client and the entire agency team. He will
also lead the agencies ideas presentation, ensuring the ideas remain faithful to the brief and
that it is kept within the time frame and budget. The group account manager is responsible for
client budgets, for managing the work of account executives and performing a range of
related administrative functions.
· Creating a portfolio of client accounts and monitoring the ongoing activities related to
· Managing, reviewing progress and delivering the client’s online/offline requirements.
· Able to comfortably architect and implement solid marketing roadmaps with regard
to our core disciplines: Social Media, SEO, SEM, Custom Websites, Email,
Branding, Retargeting etc.
· Constantly seeks out industry trends and new developments in the competitive
landscape, identifying ways to incorporate into strategic initiatives
· Possesses an innate ability to present new ideas with a sound rationale, while
establishing and sustaining credibility/trust with clients and colleagues
· Regularly conducting meetings with the clients as well as informing them about the
current work status of their projects.
· Establishing relationships with new clients and maintaining and nurturing business
relationships with existing clients.
· Identifying accounts whose revenue may be shrinking so as to address any ‘at risk’
customers and reach out to these accounts to ensure they are retained.
· Monitoring work performance of colleagues and setting internal targets.
· Recruiting and ensuring training of new employees across departments within the
· Expert on clients’ business; provide senior-level “thought leadership.”
· Must “get the assignment right” with input, collaboration, inspiration and knowledge
· Bring clarity around client expectations early in a project.
· Maintain clients’ respect and confidence as a trusted adviser and confidante, offering
sound judgment and proven business acumen in a range of options to address various
issues and opportunities. Be willing to engage clients on difficult issues.
· Maintain knowledge of “day-to-day” client initiatives, including, but not limited to,
business-building, strategic, media and creative projects.
· Play a substantive role in major presentations to clients and selling in creative, media
plans and integrated campaign initiatives.
· Focused on quality and detail, while mindful of time-to-market.
· Inspiring motivation in others to do what it takes to get projects out of the door on
· Provide leadership, support and supervision to the team assigned for each key
account; inspire, motivate, train and mentor as appropriate.
· Ensure management practices within the department are professional, efficient and in
the best interest of the agency’s profitability.
· Entrepreneurial; does not need constant direction. Self-motivated and goal driven
· Concerned with the agency’s profitability and is alert to opportunities to build
an additional business from clients.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience (MBA preferred)
· Good leadership qualities.
· Energy, enthusiasm and the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and
· Strong deal closing and negotiation skills.
· High level of analytical and organisational skills, and excellent attention to detail.
· Real understanding of digital and print advertising opportunities.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
· Creativity, initiative combined with commercial awareness.
· Minimum 4+ years of digital account management experience, preferably working with
major accounts (National/International brands)
· Proven competency managing large-scale web projects involving a sophisticated
digital marketing product mix
· Demonstrated analytical skills and high comfort overseeing metrics-driven marketing
· Must thrive in a dynamic, evolving and fast-moving environment